Wednesday, December 12, 2007

First Forever

If A swings an iron bar at B, who is asleep, but misses and hits a negligently-manufactured table leg instead, knocking the leg and table asunder and flinging the pieces across the room and out of the window where they bounce off a passing car and graze C's fingernail, is A liable to C for C's unforeseen allergic reaction to the anaesthetic used by the doctor to repair his fingernail?

All this, and more, can be solved in a mere single semester at a Law School of your choice! It's tedious; it's odd; it's expensive; it's slightly macabre! But it's not conducive to blog writing.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Clearly it is not A's fault at all. Rather, it is B's fault for being asleep. If B had been awake, A would have hit him and C would have been totally unneeded in this equation.

I read your comment and laughed a lot. You almost made me late for my last class ever.

Jared Lee said...

Is there legal precedent for such a decision?

Btw, now that I found you on facebook, I've also found your blog! Woot! I hope you & Liz are doing supremely awesomely down in Virginia!